Potted plant recommendations

Hi Everyone,

I’m new here and am in need of some outdoor potted plant inspiration and recommendations. I recently installed new landscaping with a lot of heavy (but beautiful) River rock but its void of vibrant color.

I have a number of great outdoor pots that I would like to fill with lots of colorful plants and flowers and place them between the trees. The space gets a ton of sun. The only caveat is that the installation needs to be pet friendly. Three huskies - one that (for whatever reason) likes to eat vegetation. :rofl:

1 Like

Hi there! Your garden sounds like a fun project. I have a couple of questions and comments:

1. Do you want annuals, which are planted for a season, or perennials, that come back for several years? My guess is a combination of both might be good. Annuals can bring a lot of color, and they are changed seasonally.
  2. How large are the pots in diameter?
  3. Here is a list of plants that are not toxic to dogs. You might want to look through them for varieties you might like : Toxic and Non-Toxic Plant List - Dogs | ASPCA
  4. The Dallas County Master Gardeners Help Desk will have more specifics for you to consider. You can email them at dallasmg@ag.tamu.edu .
2 Likes